- Are you a raw and vegan food newbie who wants to learn how to cook healthy?
- Are you looking to expand your gluten-free menu?
- Are you a long-time raw and vegan foodie in search for new recipes to try?
- Do you want to learn the secret benefits of Ayurvedic Indian spices and how to use them to make your meals healthier and tastier?
Our gluten-free and vegan cooking classes can teach you all that.
“All I can say is WOW! I was absolutely blown away by the experience. Kirti has such a warm, positive spirit and energy! She’s the real deal! She taught us so many of her “secrets” learned from years of cooking her delicious food at Arya Bhavan.
I cannot wait to test out my new authentic Indian recipes equipped with the knowledge Kirti gave us. Oh and I left completely stuffed too!
– Elizabeth, cooking class student
Class Price: $50 per person (unless otherwise specified). Discounts available when registering for multiple classes.
Attendance is limited to 25 people.
Registration is required by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
24-hour notice is requested for cancellations.
Interested in private classes for a group of 2 or more people? Call us at 773-274-5800.
All classes are held at Arya Bhavan Restaurant and include instruction handouts, a cup of Indian tea and tastings of the recipes.
Class schedule may be subject to change. Check back frequently for updates or join our mailing list to receive them by email.
(GF) means the recipe are gluten-free or can be made gluten-free and you will be taught how to do so.
Cook Healthy with Organic Fenugreek
Learn the main health benefits of organic Fenugreek, how to grow it in your home all year long and how to make 4 gluten-free recipes that have Fenugreek as their main ingredient:
- Fenugreek Pancakes
- Fenugreek Bread
- Fenugreek Pakora (a great appetizer or light lunch dish)
- A Steam-Cooked Dish
Sunday, March 19th | 9:30 to 11:30am
Recipes for a Seasonal Detox You Can Truly Enjoy
Your body should detox every season but “detoxing” is not something we usually look forward to. That’s about to change! These recipes will make your detox will bring lots of flavor to your detox.
All the recipes in this class include “raw” food, i.e. food prepared below 118 degrees to preserve all its enzymes, vitamins, proteins, and minerals – all the good stuff our body needs to fight inflammations and stay strong and healthy.
- Veggie Rolls (GF): a mix of avocado, Indian spices and veggies wrapped in collard green with dipping sauce
- Raw Rice (GF): black rice with avocado, vegetables and Indian spices
- Chocolate Truffles (GF): the perfect treat to make your detox sweeter!
Sunday, April 9th | 9:30 to 11:30am
Traditional Indian Dishes
- Organic Brown Rice Biryani (GF): popular Indian rice dish and great source of fiber
- Yellow Lentils Soup (GF): classic Indian soup with ginger, garlic, cumin, tomato and onion
- Chapati: hand-made whole wheat soft bread
Sunday, April 23rd | 9:30 to 11:30am
Email email@example.com to sign up for a class (no walk-ins accepted)